Re: Attaching Tungsten Electrodes to Rotor etc...

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>

Dan:

Use the 4 AWG welding wire for better resonant current handling connections.
Keep the leads short and air is the insulation.  If you need to go tight
past a grounded part slip a piece of tygon tubing over the welding cable.
It's easy to just use air if you keep the layout right so that the
connections are short and are not near a ground source by 1.5" or more ---
which they should be anyway for RF oscillator currents.  Forget the 60 kV
wire --- it's not necessary.

Again, the rotor has the electrodes pressed in at a 90 degree angle
(axially) to the surface of the rotor.

Something like this:

                                        e                              e
                                        e                              e
                                        e                              e
                                  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
                                        e                              e
                                        e                              e
                                        e                              e

where e = rotorary electrode  and R is the phenolic rotor disk material.

Then you use a simple pair of fixed stationary sparkgaps to finish out the
system.

Best regards,

Dr. Resonance