Pig power...WOW!!

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

I had first light with my coil under pig power today and was impressed
by the enhanced performance.  I knew sort of what to expect, but still
it sure was a surprise to see how thick the streamers were.  There is
no doubt a lot more current in them and the noise was bad enough that
I should have put my ear defenders on, but it sounded SO GOOD!!!

I need to get more air moving through the Vortex Gap, as after about a
thirty second run the electrodes heat up and the quenching goes all to
heck, but that's easy to fix.  I've an async rotory under contruction
already which should really let me crank up the variac and let'er howl.
I've only had it up to about 170 Volts and I can go to 260, so it will
be impressive when I can do it, as I'm getting four-footers now!!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca