Re: GE HV Research

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Ben,
I'm not completely certain, but this looks like the display that GE did
at the 1939 NY World's Fair.  I've seen B&W movies of it, only very
short clips, but they had both Marx type generators and continuous 60hz
discharges to a set of rotating discs.  My mother dimly recalled the
demo, and said that the finale was a 20' horizontal discharge from a
Marx generator with an instantaneous lightning-like discharge.  I'd love
to find the whole film that GE made of the exhibit.

Let us know if you find any more info about this display.

Thanks for sharing,
Dave
G2-1170