Re: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

>         I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment.  For high
> voltage transients, stranded or braided wire outperforms solid wire in all
> instances.  This is the primary reason you use braided wire for lightning
> protection in house security systems etc...  Another example is the use of
> stranded wire vs. solid in audio applications.
>
>         Dan

	Stranding or braiding only works if the individual conductors are
insulated to prevent eddy-current loss.  As for audio, you can pay up to
$4000 PER METER for "4 nines (0.999999999) purity" copper. It's alleged
to "improve the tone balance, give richer low notes, etc.".  I'm sure
the only difference between it and solid (kinda stiff) or stranded cable
is the weight of the buyer's pocket book!  As the old saying goes,
"there's one born every minute".  A few minutes of Google search will
uncover many varieties of speaker wire and cable, with the more
expensive ones always claiming more and more miraculous performance.  As
far as that goes, several outfits sell "hi-fidelity" LINE CORDS!!

Ed