RE: Digital O-scopes for TC use

Original poster: "Matt Woody Meyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meyerml-at-stolaf.edu>

We just got a Fluke 196 Digital O-Scope at work
(http://www.reedswitchdevelopments-dot-com -- my summer job).  We haven't had
to use it much so far, however, it's darn nice.  Has disk space, though a
bit limited, and a data port as well.  Found it on eBay for around $1200.
AC/battery powered too.  Though you would probably not need it for TC use,
also has an included digital multimeter that can do everything that a
normal multimeter is capable of.

Only gotten a couple chances to use it with a company that is using one of
our switches on the low voltage end of an ignition coil.  The flyback
spikes are welding the contacts of our reeds together.  Was able to use
some of that TC knowlege to help them construct a protection filter.

Guess playing with coils can be useful afterall! :)