Re: A challenge exploding trees

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

snip

>Scot,
>
>Not a voltage but rf current  that builds its
>dischaeging path tru the poor vegetable I guess.Most
>of trees contain water in branches-they got
>sort of microscopic channels more conductive.That
>sudden current pulses cause electromechanical damages
>in harder parts of wood ,and development of long term
>poisenous microscopic gas bubles in tree
>(electrochemical)perhaps.
>Have you ever gave a though why some trees "explode"
>being hit by lightening and not seriously burned down
>in  same time?
>
>regards,
>Boris

exploding trees and lightning most definately ...  millions of amps at
3+ million volts must = billion joules :)  all in 1 second or less  ouch
 no wonder why they explode...  but milliamps at 2 million volts must =
10 mayybeee  20 J.  hot  but not that hot ...

sooo   we have a high voltage at RF levels ( Hz)  and some current  (
not anywhere near lightning bolt levels) but still it kills the tree ...
 my question ..  is it the current or voltage in the rf form that did it
??   which brings us back to human contact...  it must be the "energy" (
joules) that will do us in ...  whatya think??

Scot D