Re: A challenge dying tree branch

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I would agree about the heating part with the pumkin
> but with the branch....
> that another thing.  The contact with the branch was
> at the very end of the
> branch but the effects are causing the whole branch
> to die off  ( all 15' of it
> ...its an oak tree ...  a very old oak tree with big
> branches :)   )
>
> Im going to believe its more voltage than heat that
> is causing the branch to
> die...
>
> just a thought .......   any other plausable
> explinations ????
>

> Scot D

Scot,

Not a voltage but rf current  that builds its
dischaeging path tru the poor vegetable I guess.Most
of trees contain water in branches-they got
sort of microscopic channels more conductive.That
sudden current pulses cause electromechanical damages
in harder parts of wood ,and development of long term
poisenous microscopic gas bubles in tree
(electrochemical)perhaps.
Have you ever gave a though why some trees "explode"
being hit by lightening and not seriously burned down
in  same time?

regards,
Boris