Re: Designing Primary Coil - Which resonant frequency??

Dan:  Trying to design a secondary to match a primary is a tough job few of
us would try. We just wind a secondary and tune the primary to fit. Computer
analysis can provide a guide before you start, but your real coil will
always be a bit differant , except by lucky accident. The primary is wound
with more than enough turns and tuned by moving your tap to get the right
point. No two capacitors are the same, so no two coils will be tapped at the
same point. In addition most coilers use home built  capacitors or
assemblies that differ each time they are assembled so they are inconsistant
at best.
  Robert  H