Flyback Pinouts

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi everyone.

	I just tore into two similar computer monitors, and came away with two
identical flybacks (they're HUGE :-)).  I can't seem to hook them up
correctly, though.  I tested the pin-to-pin resistances, and thought (as
usual), that the lowest resistance signals the primary winding.  I fired
it up, and got arcing BETWEEN pins before I got an arc between the HV
terminal and ground.  I tested many windings, but just got arcing
between different pins.  My testing was abruptly halted by my drive
MOSFET failing closed circuit ;-(.  I know the flyback is good, since it
did produce output from the HV terminal.  BTW, I was driving it with 12
VDC at about 10 kHz.

	My questions are...  Have I simply not found the right winding to
drive, or is there something else I need to do?  Is there a better way
to find the primary winding??

	I want to use both flybacks to drive my mini coil, once it's finished.
I've already made the secondary; it's 1 1/4" wide and 5" tall.  It's
gonna be so cool! :-)).

Thanks in advance,
Winston K.