From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 6:19 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Efficiency Test

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Agree. The thermogun will read the surface temp of the bulb. Air currents
won't be a problem. Their
easy to calibrate as well (boiling water as temp source). I may have one
floating around at work. I
would need to measure my existing coil. John, after the reading the test
procedure I now "get" what
your doing here with the bulb measurment. This is a standard form of
comparison measurement. I'll use
volt/amp concentric readings. I've got variacs and all that jazz so I don't
see anything upfront that
would hold prevent me from making the measurement.

Bart