RE: Geek Group MMc's

Hi,

The problem is not getting the caps or buying them, the key is how many you
buy.  If you buy 500, the quantity is high enough that you can get good
discounts, lead times, etc.  However, if you only want to buy 14 caps the
distributors will ignore you or sell them at a very high markup to cover
costs.  Thus is the advantage of Chris buying large numbers and reselling
them in small batches to the rest of us.

When I sold caps, there were a few people that wanted like 1000 of them.  I
just told them to go directly to DigiKey rather than me since they could
get the same deals I could.  Only when you want to buy small quantities do
the prices get enormous unless you are like IBM or something.  Distributors
also don't like dealing with one time small buys from private persons and
many will not bother.

Cheers,

	Terry