Re: more tube coil mayhem :)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/30/02 7:44:41 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Also!  How do I use my sig gen and scope to find Fres of an LC circuit?
(tank
>  circuit).  What do I look for, and how do I hook it up?  Scoping
secondarys
> is
>  easy.

>  Shad (Sundog)
>  G-1 #1203

Shad,
I just went thru that exercise with the twins. Finding F res for the
secondary is easier
because of the higher X sub L. Drive the tank with the sig gen in series with
a 200 - 500 Ohm resistor. Connect the oscilloscope across the resistor. This
should show a very sharp dip at F res. Read the freq using the same method as
you used for just the sec.
A freq counter is best but you can use the time base on the oscope.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman