Re: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Original poster: "Jack King by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <speakernut-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> >  but I fear the wire awg size may be a hair
> > too small (pun intended) to sustain even the short
> > term current I need (sometimes around 800 ma - 1
> amp.
>
> Well, for that much current out, you need big
> current in. So the primary
> could be just as much a
> problem. For 15KV -at- .500 AMPS , using 220 VAC in you
> need 34 AMPS primary
> current.

If a transformers specs were say 400 MA -at- 100 KV, is
it not true that I could expect say 2 amps -at- 20 KV? Of
course the secondaries wire size would have to be of
substantial gauge to cope with the increased current:
Wouldn't the PRIMARY wire awg size already be
adequate?

NeonUT Jack