RE: Stupid Capacitors!

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Could you please elaborate on just how your failed cap was built?  This
would help others not make the same mistake, and help identify the
boundaries for safe MMC operation.  What kind of caps did you use, what
were the ratings, how many in series and how many strings, what kind of
power supply/NST, and how wide is your gap?

I DON'T recommend building PE caps, I've made two and both failed after a
very short life.  And a .1uF PE cap would be huge!

Gary Lau
MA, USA