Re: obits

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 08:03 AM 23/01/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<MrGizmo28-at-aol-dot-com>

>What output do obits normally have? How big are they? I would like to build
>a tabletop coil just for playing around with and really dont want to get
>into sstc.

Hi Gizmo, Coilers,

OBIT's generally are 10 KV -at- 23 mA output with 120 Volt primaries.
They can be paralleled very nicely, making sure of the phasing so
that they aid each other.  I've run as many as five in parallel
on one of my coils and produced some awsome streamers!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca