Re: photocopier transformer question

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: photocopier transformer question
>Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:46:28 -0700
>
>Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>
>
>hi all iv found somewhere to get some photocopy transformers but the
>engineer
>said thaT any current draw will shut them down as part of the process will
>i be
>able to remove this problem? i assume that is just part of the circuitry.
>any help will be much appreciated
>colin heath
In side a Photocopier they will shut off if shorted because of safety
cicuits, but if you take the transformer out of its case...then those XMRF's
will pull CURRENT when shorted and will run fine on a TC curcuit....I should
know, I pulled a 13" arc off one of these transformers once on a 120VAC
line.