Weak MOT problem...

Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,

I just got in from playing with my various MOTs and I
am having a strange problem...  They are very very
weak...  I sat them on my table outside and plugged in
one of the primarys to the Mains, i got small blue
(1/2 mm) discharges... i was using a grounded
discharge rod (dont ask) to create an arc from the
secondary and i had the usual small blue cold boring
sparks and then i accidentally did SOMETHING i cant
tell what because i dont know, it seems like i just
touched it to the MOT and this HUGE yellow discharge
appeared, what i was used to seeing in pictures of MOT
discharges...  All the other ones do the same except i
havent got the same pretty yellow HOT flame from them
and they are larger than the tiny one i used for
that..
i use NO current limiting... sometimes i hook 2 up in
parallel and put the secondarys in sereise but no
different results... waht i find very strange is i
have a 7Kv supply that has half inch discharges at
.9uA and this sucker is 500uA at 2Kv...  any ideas on
these strange problems?