RE: Dissolve Xfmr laminations

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

An interesting update; Since I wanted to waste the windings so I could get
to the core, I cut them off on my table saw. I used an old 'disposable'
carbide tipped blade that I never got around to disposing. Cut through the
copper as if it were pine. The cross section of the core looked like a
honeycomb. Even sans the copper the core is still remarkably heavy. Now
I've got the tedious chore of slicing the layers apart with a single edge
razor blade. Not especially difficult but there's so dog-gone many of them.

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 01/18/2002 05:11:19 PM