Re: Glassmike caps

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

> Ry,
>    I had one explode on me in TC service. It was pretty scary, as they are
> made out of a glass tube, and fragments went all over the garage, fortunately
> none hit me.
>
> I won't ever touch them again, but if you encase them in a good wood, metal,
> or lexan (not plexi, it fractures to easily) blast shield they probably (?)
> wont hurt you.
>
> On the other hand MMC caps built out of metalized film on polypropelene
> (what Terry used to resell, and now the "geek group" sells) do not have
> this problem, and have so many advantages (including price) that they
> are the current favorite amoung most TCers today.
>
> Peter Lawrence.

And they don't even work in terry's filter circuit (which i thought they
might) if you've seen my fritz filter on my site, it has them in place,
shortly after that they blew.
There must be some use for them out there, just haven't found it yet
myself?
Take care,
Marc M.