pole pig ballast

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hey guys,

I intend to use an arc welder to limit current to my pole pig. However,
I would like to use a little resistance to "smooth" the power supply
and make the system more easy to handle. Any advice on what sort of
numbers I need here? This is especially important as I may series 2
11kV pigs and will have heaps of core to energize when the gap fires.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia