Opinions on transformer protection

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

I need some educated opinions on transformer protection.

Up until now we have been getting our transformers for free so its not
been a hot issue round here, but
we just got a decent transformer good for 1500kva continuous and
say2500-3000kva  short duty cycle.
Its a GE Hy-Bute 120-1 potential transformer with 110kv BIL.
We have a Terry-lowpass filter minus movs(smoked em recently).
Is this enough protection for running the new tranny?
Thanks in advance....

Ry