Re: Ionizing Xfmr value

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/13/02 8:55:11 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hello All,
>
> I have found a surplus GE ionizing xfmr originally for an air
> cleaner. The faceplate ratings are 75 kv, 25 kva. What is a ballpark
> fair value of the xfmr? It is dirty but all parts are intact and
> functional. There are also some nice rectifier sets, 94 kv piv, 300
> ma.
>
> Thanks!
> Gregory

Gregory,

I'm not sure what the fair market worth of that beast would be
but it must weigh a ton! Or at least in  the 400 to 600 lb range.
I have a surplus, oil-filled 140 kVp, 500 mA rated x-ray trans-
former that tips the scales at a whopping 980 lbs! That's near-
a half-ton. And except for the fact that I have it mounted on 4
heavy-duty swivel casters, I certainly would NOT be "muscling"
this monster around; and at 5' 10" and weighing nearly 240 lbs,
I could stand to lose a few pounds I know, but I wouldn't exact-
ly consider myself a "weakling", either. It's not ALL fat :-)

Anyway, that sounds like a nice find and "I" would probably
not want to sell it if I happened upon it :-)

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben