Re: Ball Lightning

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Malcolm, All
This was one of the things i was curious about when i brought up my idea
of winding two or three coils on one form a while back. I wondered if i
used my idea of starting the first coil at the base, then the next coil
of a different size wire at 4" or so above the base, and a third above
that, then use three primaries, each tuned to it's corresponding
secondary. Using two or three legs of three phase wye and using stsg's
for each separate tank.
I wondered if the different frequencies at lagging phase relationship,
being triggered in sync with there own phase.
Maybe at some point these streamers which will come from the same
topload, might interact causing a neat effect? maybe some balls of
energy?
I have the form ready and the first coil started up to the point where
i'm to start the next winding, but things come up, i get side tracked
and i have to put the new darlington's in my ac drive that produces
three phase from single and has variable frequency feature.
I'm sure i'll get back to it and finish it to give it a try, but time is
time and there just isn't enough of it for all that i want to do?

Maybe when we get avalon built for the geek group i can get some
assistants for these harebrained ideas?
I really want to see if three separate coils, with three separate
primaries and tanks tuned at different fo, can be made to discharge from
one topload?
Strange ideas from a strange mind,
Marc

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>