Re: Suicidal Secondary--Update

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

James,

You need a longer secondary winding... you are still overvolting your
secondary with the 5 Joule bang size. Your options are either to close
down your gaps or wind a new, longer, secondary. If you do the latter,
use a larger diameter wire gauge with at least double build insulation.

Good luck!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman