Re: Synchronous Rotary Mechanical Bridge Rectifier

Original poster: "Jon Rosenstiel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jonr-at-pacbell-dot-net>

I believe those rectifier bulbs were called "Tungar bulbs". As a boy I
recall being really intrigued by the glow from the inside of a battery
charger. I could look into the charger through the louvers and see the
Tungar bulb. At that time I couldn't comprehend what the bulb did other
than give the charger a nice warm glow!

Jon