MOT pairing

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Steve White wrote:

> Has anyone developed a rule of thumb relating the weight of a
MOT to its power handling capacity?

Steve,

Most of my salvaged MOTs haven't got any label and the wattage
of the ovens isn't known either, because they were removed
already. As some MOTs have heavy mounting brackets and others
have no, I decided to pair them not by weight but by their gross iron
volume (outside dimensions).  For me this methode workes fine.

Cheers,

Herwig