MOT Powered Coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Well I've ended up deciding on using two MOT's in series connected to a
doubler. Ballasted with another MOT which is quite small so probably 1800VA to
2000VA when shorted. Anyway so I should be getting 3600watt to 4000watt pulses
every other half cycle. Here are the components I plan on using:

Tank Cap: MMC, 12Kv rating, 3 separate banks of .075uf which I can use in
parallel for three different possible tank cap sizes: .075uf, .150uf, .225uf

Spark Gap: Async Rotary Spark Gap, varied with a dimmer. If I get a hold of a
motor good to make a sync rotary at 240bps to be used with the large tank cap
size I will.

Primary Coil: 12 turns of 1/4" copper tubing with an inside diameter of 8".

Secondary Coil: 6" by 28" wound with 22awg magnet wire for a little over
900turns.

Topload: 6" by 20" aluminum duct. I might go a head and get a D&M toroid of the
same size if I manage to make the rest of the TC look nice enough other wise I
won't bother getting a nice toroid.

Component Protection: Two 1Kohm wire wound resistors, four 10Kv/1nf bypass
caps, and a safety caps in the common filter arrangement. Two 10Kv/inf bypass
caps over the multiplier diodes.

Power Control: A box with a main switch(probably wall mounted lightswitch
type), then another switch connecting to the power supply, and a dimmer switch
to supply power to the angle grinder powering the rotary spark gap. I'm
currently unsure if I will bother using my large 240v/20A variac on this coil
since its so heavy to move around.

Mark