RE: Big Spark Induction Coil

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Kurt

There is no sense to stopping this thread. Because of the mathematical
similarity of induction coils to tesla coils, insights into  induction coils
might make it possible to understand the fine behavior of tesla coils. This
is similar to situations in mathematics where two subjects thought to be
unrelated were actually some sort of mirror image of each other. Such
situations caused a flourishing of both subjects. When one subject begins to
shine a dim light on another subject, mathematicians call this "moonshine".
Then its up to mathematicians to brighten the light and totally explain the
connections. This recently occurred in a dramatic way between the theory of
elliptic modular functions and the theory of finite groups. There now exist
some identities between elliptic functions which seemly cannot be proved by
classical methods. The proofs are done in the context of their mirror images
in the theory of finite groups.

Godfrey Loudner