Soft Start

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

Now for my second question of the day:

We use lamp dimmers/fan controllers on our TSG; we use a Variac on our
main supply; people ask questions about ballasting MOT's...

With all these ideas sloshing around in my head, the question was
raised: why don't we employ some sort of soft start motor controller on
the mains input of our transformers?  Is this
impractical/expensive/mucks up the BPS?

[ All my EE work was with motors - transformers were what Slartibartfast
called an SEP (someone else's problem) ]

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
KBC, PO Box 150, Kadina, 5554, S. Australia