Re: Using wood for endcaps

In a message dated 1/8/02 12:17:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Patrick,

I like to leave very little space between the endof the winding
and the end of the secodnary,  maybe only 1/2" or less on a
small coil.  Wooden end caps are fine.  The secondary does
not need to be sealed.  Mine are usually open.  A suitable
toroid at the proper height does wonders for stopping corona
at the top of the winding.

Cheers,
John