Using wood for endcaps

Original poster: "Patrick Leonard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-rogers-dot-com>

Hi,

I don't have access to any tools that can cut a circular piece of plastic, and
I found on my other coil that using PVC end caps results in a great deal of
break out where the wire bends around the outter edge. Has anyone had
experience using wood to seal their secondary, or any other ideas for sealing?

Also, how much height do you guys typically leave between the upper-most
winding and the end of the secondary?

Thanks,
Patrick