RE: Program to calculate capacitance of plate cap

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Steve -

Visited your excellent web site and programs. I checked some of the programs
with the JHCTES Ver 3.3 and  the Tesla Coiltruction Guide and offer these
comments.

1. Plate capacitor program - Agrees with the equation shown in Figure 15 in
the Guide. It should be noted that homemade capacitors should always be
measured with a cap meter to find the true capacitance.

2. Freq of LC - Agrees with Ver 3.3 for both Pri and Sec coils. Coilers
should note that inductance is shown in mh and that 43.93 uh = .04393 mh.

3. Helical Coil - Agrees with Ver 3.3 and you can use
    Wire Dia = 0
    Turn spacing = c/c spacing = 1/TPI
    TPI = Turns/Lgt
    Coil self capacity - Uses same Medhurst equation.

4. Spiral Coil - Agrees with Ver 3.3 and you can use
    Wire Dia = 0
    Turn spacing = c/c spacing

John Couture