Re: gapped mot

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<ka1bbg-at-webryders-dot-net>

> Hi, just remember the output of a Mot as far as the human body is concerned
> is NO different than a pole pig. You will get the same result if you make a
> mistake!!!!! cul brian f.

	Somewhere I have an old Navy radar instruction book which warns the
technician about HV with words somewhat like "consider yourself a 250 k
ohm, 1/4 watt resistor and behave accordingly".  As long as the body
current exceeds some critical value depending on the path, the only
effect of higher current is how much physical mayhem occurs.  I have a
Lindsay repring of "Neon Signs" by Fink in which he says the only danger
from getting across the HV winding of an NST is that it might make you
fall off a sign.  Can't believe that can be true, and suspect someone
somewhere has died from such a mistake.

Ed