Re: mot rewind

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dspeck-at-relex-dot-com>

Frank,
Just use the original primary winding wire, but connect a tap in the
center, and run it as
two 110V windings in parallel.  22 ga wire might be a bit fine for the
power level you
want.

 To be honest, MOT's are so easy to come by that it isn't worth it to try
rebuilding one --
just check curbside on trash day.  A few blocks travel should net you a
fine dead MWO, and
the bigger the better.  Appliance repair shops would probably give you one
for free, or a
Salvation army / Rescue mission type place would have one for a few bucks.

HTH,
Dave

<PsychoticMinds1-at-aol-dot-com>