RE: MOT supply >4 off

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Ted

Do you ground the HV center between the two sets? It seems to me that the
insulation problem could solved by using an extreme isolation transformer on
the primary side of the MOTs. I recently acquired two 5kVA, 2400V pole pigs
for the reason of using them for an extreme isolation transformer. The set
up would be 240 into one pig with the 2400 out supplying the 2400 side of
the other pig. Then I would have 120/240 high above ground. I don't have the
pigs on casters yet, so I have not tried any experiments. Anyway I think
that these Mot power supply ideas circulating on the list are very
interesting. MOT power supplies could be the salvation for those having
trouble getting big transformers.

Godfrey Loudner