Re: book

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/4/02 9:15:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I think this whole subject of Tesla coil building has sort of gotten bigger
> than a single "book" can hold.  It is more like a college degree thing in
> which you have to spend a lot of time studying all sorts of different
> aspects of it.  Secondary theory, materials, gaps, capacitors, etc., could
> each fill a small book all by themselves.

Hi Terry, Matt, All,
         A problem I see with "The Book" is that of editing or not.
         If edited for content, i.e., separating fact from fancy, true from
false, opinion from knowledge, etc. Someone will be alienated no matter what
decisions are made. The effort would also be enormous.
         If unedited, another massive, self-contradictory "Holy Book" will be
added to the world's confusion. While many praise the Internet for "freeing"
authors from the perceived "tyranny" of peer review, it also abolishes any form
of quality control. A 10,000-page tome containing even a few hundred pages of
questionable material does not enhance the credibility of the group or
individual publishing it.

The middle ground would be to make it a form of library. A librarian is usually
not held responsible for the accuracy of the statements in the books in the
library.
I do not envy anyone the task you propose.
Good Luck,

Matt D.
         For 'Is' and 'Is not' though with rule and line,
         And 'Up-and Down' without I could define,
         I yet in all I only cared to know,
         Was never deep in anything but Wine.
                 Omar Khayyam "Rubaiyat"  verse XLI
                         (Fitzgerald translation)