Re: Measuring self-capacitance directly (Re: flat secondary)

Hi Paul -

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>
> Plenty of interesting experiments to do here: A direct measurement
> of Les would be a good and easy start, to demonstrate that it really
> is that much higher than Ldc.

What is the preferred method for checking Les?

> For a more challenging experiment:
> Measure the current profile of a rim-fed flat spiral, to see if it
> matches the predicted curve.  This would require a specially
> constructed coil, with about 10 or so series tapping points, through
> which small resistors can be inserted in series with the coil.

I'm envisioning that a flat coil is wound and connected in series during the
winding process are resistors at some predetermined position, including
something like a small pin sticking up at the resistor in which metering can be
performed. If so, would ideal resistor positioning be something like every 10%
of the radius?

Take care,
Bart