line filters

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

I was reading through the archives about line filters. There appears to
be some debate about whether they should be used in reverse or in
normal configuration. I personally can't see a difference - you still
have inductors and capacitors in series or parallel no matter which way
they are connected. However, seeing I have just spent $300 on some new
filters and don't want to destroy them, I was wondering whether this
issue was ever resolved. What is the general consensus these days?

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia