Conical Resonace Re: Resonant Frequency

> > Dave Thomson wrote:
> > > Does this suggest a cone might resonate exactly at quarter wave?
> >
> > A cracking good hypothesis.  We see helicals going one way, and
> > if flats turn out to be going the other way, then there must
> > surely be an intermediate shape in which the effect of winding
> > on the inductive coupling just cancels the effect of increasing
> > capacitance.

	One suspects one needs to define the 'aspect ratio'
	(or equivalent term) for the cone.  If the 'angle'
	of the cone is 179 degrees, it is. essentially,
	a flat coil.  If the angle be 1 degree, the coil
	is essentially solenoidal.  I suggest that reports on
	conical coils state the angle...  (by eye, from the
	illos, 30 degrees or so is about it.  Measurements
	would be better...)

	best
	dwp