Re: MMC vs Maxwell comparison

66.67 Mohms of drain resistance dissipates about 1.2 watts (9000 VAC) which
is actually about 0.5% of the coil's power (~225 watts).  Your testing may
actually be sensitive enough to see that!

Terry,

Thanks for your analysis, and all your other analyses and MMC
promotion over the years.  I'm not sure just how warm they're getting.
It's possible that I'm just simply used to dealing with the massive
Maxwells which take forever to heat up.  The only other MMC I
remember seeing was Sue G's, and they seemed to run much
cooler on her 6/60 NST coil.  It is likely that mine were warming
in compliance with your calcs and tests though.  Not a problem.
I may install an MMC onto the TT-42 TC also, to make it lighter,
since it's a portable coil.  I have to get back to the STSG work
too.  Much to do.

Cheers,
John