Re: Flat bifilar coils

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

If you connected the inner turn of one coil to the outer turn of the other, you
increased the self capacitance greatly.   How much, I don't know, but I seem to
remember that a bifilar would helical coil has about four time the self
capacitance as a single wire coil of the same dimension.
Mike