Giant transformers

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,
  I've been looking at a couple of large transformers that
the university is getting rid of, and I need to know if the
oil in them contains PCB's. Here's what the name plate
says:

Kilovolt Corporation

Model: KV50-50S
Serial: 1285
Output: 50KV -at- 50mA
Input: 117V 60 Cycle 1 Phase

The case also says on it something to the tune of:
"Use only non-chlorinated 25KV transformer oil"
(does this mean no PCB's?)

There's an access panel on the top of the case that i can
remove to expose the interior and the oil if need be.. I
remember sometime back reading that oil that contains PCB's
will burn a funny color. Is this true? Thanks for any help.

Coiling in Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

_