Re: Barts Flat Coil Dimensions Was: Dimensions of my flat spiral coil

Hi Dave -

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

> Hi Bart,
>
> The 224 is the number of wires one would count from the center of the coil
> along the radius.  But each wire only makes 74.6 turns.  3 wires times 74.6
> turns yields the number of wire counts along the radius.

Ok, that clears that up. 74.6 turns should then be used.

> Could it be that three wires tightly coupled and wound in parallel act as
> one single continuous wire?.

I don't think so (but not sure). The meter, I don't trust the reading. Your
single turn 13" coil
has a higher inductance and yet your getting an extremely high reading.
Your 3-wire coil has a
lower inductance and may be enough to throw off the reading way out in
no-mans land. Since your
meter appears ok with capacitive readings, how about checking the resonant
frequency of the coil
(by itself) and back calculating inductance?

Bart