Re: (Fwd) RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

> This week I have some more experiments lined up to investigate the nature of
> the electrostatic charge in the flat spiral.  I built another 30"
> electrostatically sealed plate to place below the coil and balance the
> charge from the upper plate.  I'm going to do some research to see how I can
> conclusively prove there is a constant electrostatic charge in the plates
> with the materials and equipment I have on hand.  It can't be all that
> difficult.

Just a note to save your time: It's practically impossible to make
something "electrostatically sealed". Even if you manage to make a
perfect insulation, opposite charges will quickly accumulate in the open
side of the insulation, cancelling the effect of any charge in
the insulated plate. Things like these only work for short periods
of time. They are just a bit better than no insulation at all.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz