Re: mmc testimonial

Original poster: "Stacy Gillett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgillett-at-hotmail-dot-com>

For any other Australian coilers thinking about building an MMC, I can vouch
for the Arcotronics caps in the RS catalogue as well.  My MMC uses 60 of the
0.047uF 1500VDC caps (cat no. 114-474), 4 strings, 15 caps per string, to
give about 0.012uF 22.5kVDC all up:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/stacy/MMC.jpg

I have been running it with my 4" coil powered by two 15/30 NSTs in parallel
since Christmas, and it has proven to be a consistent performer.  Just
swapping my old 0.012uF saltwater cap for the MMC has taken streamer length
from 13" to about 24".  No caps have failed as of yet.

Cheers,

Stacy

Stacy's Tesla Coil
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/stacy