Re: Making Flat secondaries - disaster #1...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/17/02 10:20:58 AM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  ... Use a manual drill, or just lower speed, and advance little by
>  > little,

>  > Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
>
>   I'd add that it is important to have the work held securely, as a
>  drill, particularly a sharp one, can "grab the work" and cause
>  unhappiness!

...And adding my $0.15, don't blast your way thru a large hole in
a single shot. For even a 1/4 inch hole, especially in plastic,
start with an 1/8 inch drill. Drilling in steps becomes very important as the
size of the hole gets larger. A 1/2 inch drill has a lot of momentum and
messy things happen.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman