Re: DC secondary components

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

> Paul and all,
>
> Greg Leyh actually did this experiment a couple of years ago using one
> of his large coils. He used a high energy capacitor bank charged to a
> high potential to elevate the base of his secondary. The RF base
> currents easily passed through the bank to ground.

If I remember correctly, the capacitor was charged by the DC
current that appears in the secondary coil as consequence of
the rectifying action of streamers. Others are reporting that
these currents are very small. I would expect significant
currents, at least in the uA range if the regular AC current
is in the mA range, to cause the charging of a large capacitor
in reasonable time.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz