Re: 1/4 wave theory

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> dwp asked:
> > Should the secondary resonate as an electrical 1/4 wave?

	I assume that the expression "resonate as an electrical 1/4 wave"
refers to the behavior of a resonant 1/4 wave vertical radiator over
conducting ground.  Note that in this case the effective antenna length
is really 1/2 wave, as there is an image antenna "below ground".  If
this just means resonant in the lowest mode the system will support,
that's another definition and should probably use another name.

Ed