Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbanse-at-comcast-dot-net>

Me: I want to test my NST with just the spark gap, and the capacitor.
You: "This is hard on the NST... Why not just run the NST with the gap
alone..."

Well, I wanted to test the Geek Bucket cap that I am making, and....

Won't the NST just cause a constant arc from one side of the static gap to
the other??...without a cap that is.

...and are you saying I would be able to run this setup...(NST, Cap, Gap)
with this wiring....

Lamp cord to the two 'mains' IN......and the ground on the other side
connected to a water pipe....or some type of ground???

I guess my question is.....is the ground on the opposite side of the
transformer the same ground that would be connected to the green wire on a
lamp cord?? (or whatever)

If this is the case, why would they place it on the opposite side of the
transformer from the 'mains' IN??

Hope I didn't confuse you much,
Thanks,
Jaime