Re: Flat Coil Q vs Solenoid

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dwight.Crider-at-regulusgroup-dot-com>

I know that was tongue in cheek about the carbon mike between the secondary
and ground. Best be careful with the less experienced. Reminds me of a
negative experience with a similar arrangement with a converted 4-tube
AC/DC radio and a surplus push to talk carbon mike when I was twelve. It
would load up a clothesline and ruin the spectrum for blocks but the mike
was connected between cathode and common. HOT when plugged in reversed.
Guess how I know!!! Seriously do not connect anything to be touched, or
even get near to, when your coil is powered. Wonderful group, great info,
A+.

Dwight Crider